In order to use TicketSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
Questions concerning registration, please call Tamara Whitmore at 207-380-2699.
Each registered angler is entered into a raffle prize to win a minimum of five Jack Traps.
DATE: Saturday, March 5, 2022
START/END TIME: Sunrise to 3:00 p.m.
LOCATION: Cobbossee Lake (Little Cobbossee not included)
Pre-Registration (prior to February 20) – Individual $15 / Family $25
Day of Registration – Individual $20 / Family $30
Family = parent(s) with child(ren) under the age of 16
DAY OF REGISTRATION: Held at the Friends of the Cobbossee Watershed: 2518 US Route 202, Winthrop, ME 04364
Registration closes at 10:00 a.m.
TYPES OF FISH: Pike, Pickerel, Brown Trout, and Pan Fish
PRIZES: First, Second, and Third Place prizes will be awarded for the following categories:
Each fish is measured by weight. In the event of a tie, the first fish registered takes priority.
TRAPS FOR KIDS: “Traps for Kids” is donating 50 fishing traps, which will be handed out to kids (17 and under) on the day
of the event. The traps are first come, first serve.
DERBY HEADQUARTERS: YMCA Camp of Maine
END OF DAY CEREMONY: The ceremony will be at the YMCA Camp of Maine’s beachfront. NOTE: this event is
entirely dependent on COVID and is subject to change. Please refer to the Cobbossee Ice Fishing Derby Facebook
page for updates.
WEIGH STATION LOCATIONS & TIME: Trail Head on Turtle Run Road, East Winthrop, ME, the Monmouth Boat Launch,
and the YMCA Camp. Weigh-ins end at 3:00 p.m.
Anglers may weigh-in fish throughout the day. Under no circumstance will any fish be weighed after 3:00 p.m. on Saturday,
March 5, 2022 however, if you are in line at 3:00 p.m. your fish will be weighed.
WEIGH-IN UPDATES: Updates will be posted on the Cobbossee Ice Fishing Derby Facebook page as they come in with
current weight standings for each division.
We ask that you comply with all derby rules for your safety and enjoyment!
1. Derby participants may not bring automobiles onto the ice.
2. All derby participants age 16 yrs. & older must possess a valid 2022 Maine fishing license.
3. All Inland Fisheries & Wildlife Fishing (IF&W) laws and COVID-19 Guidelines apply.
a. IF&W Checklist
b. IF&W Fishing Laws
4. Derby participants must follow Maine CDC Guidelines.
5. All IF&W fishing regulations for Cobbossee Lake apply.
6. Manchester, West Gardiner, etc. (South Zone) – General fishing laws apply except the daily bag limit
for bass is one fish; all bass between 16 and 20 inches must be released alive immediately.
7. Use of all legal forms of bait including live baitfish/smelts, artificial lures, and artificial flies are PERMITTED.
8. Prize Eligibility:
a. Only fish caught on Cobbossee Lake on March 5, 2022 will be eligible for derby prizes.
b. Only registered anglers may weigh-in fish and win prizes; registrations are non-transferable.
c. Fish must be free of debris such as snow, ice, lines, hooks, weights, etc. when entered. Derby officials
reserve the right to inspect the fish prior to weigh-in.
9. Derby officials must witness all weigh-in and measurements of fish for entries to be eligible.
10. Winners for the ice fishing prizes and raffle prizes will be announced at the YMCA at the close of the tournament.
Winners will be posted on the Cobbossee Ice Fishing Derby Facebook page by 7:00 p.m. on Saturday, March 5, 2022.
Winners will also be contacted by phone.
11. Day of Registrations end at 10:00 a.m.
12. Overflow parking is located at the Augusta Country Club (Lake access via Country Club beach).
13. The Cobbossee Ice Fishing Committee winner determinations are final.
The only reason for cancellation will be for unsafe ice conditions. Please check the Cobbossee Ice Fishing Derby Facebook
page prior to the event for updates. Please verify the ice conditions prior to the event and use good judgment. Cony
Project Graduation, Friends at the Cobbossee Watershed, and the YMCA Camp of Maine will be held harmless for any
bodily injury, property damage, or loss of property for any reason including but not limited to any consequences of thin ice.
All anglers are responsible for their own safety and knowledge of their surroundings. Please contact the Maine Warden
Service with questions about ice conditions.
Please pick up your trash and all other belongings prior to leaving the area.
If you have any questions about this event, click the button below.
2518 US Route 202
Winthrop, ME 04364 US
Thank you! Your message was posted to Facebook.