Be a Part of the Largest Fest in the St. Louis Bi-State Area Devoted to All Things Italian
Come and celebrate in Collinsville, Illinois. The Italian Fest is a family-friendly event!
Since 1984, Collinsville IL has been celebrating the Italian culture and heritage that our city was built on. The annual celebration falls on the 3rd weekend of September, located in Uptown Collinsville on Main Street.
Admission & musical entertainment are free. We hope to see you at the Fest!
Welcome all girls and boys to the Annual Little Miss and Mister Italian Fest Pageant
11AM - 12:30PM on the Main Stage on Main Street
Thank you to our Sponsors: Goshen Theatre and The Guffey Group!
ALL participants will receive a swag bag which will be awarded at the end of the pageant at the crowning.
- Age 3 to Kindergarten
- 1st Grade to 4th Grade
- 5th Grade to 8th Grade
*Grades enrolled as of Fall 2023 *Crowning categories are subject to change depending on registration numbers and ages.*
- Bio - Contestants will Read Aloud (no more than one paragraph)
- Question - Fun Fact about Italian Fest
- Theme - Traditional Italian Attire
- Talent - 1 Minute Time Limit
- No Fake Eyelashes
- No Heavy Makeup
- No Midriffs
- No Booty Shorts
- No Wardrobe Changes
- Nothing with Fire
*This is not a beauty competition
Each entry is limited to one motor vehicle. For the 2023 parade, we will limit the parade to the first 50 entries. Cars and theme decorated floats, will be allowed first. If your vehicle is larger than a truck and trailer, please make specific note on the application.
Non-decorated entries are not allowed. Parade lineup is established according to protocol and public safety concerns.
- Grand Marshal – Retired Mayor John Miller
- Parade Theme – Italian Renaissance
2023 Parade Rules Regulations and Policies
- Parade application must be received by September 6th, 2023
- Collinsville Chamber of Commerce and Italian Fest Committee adopt and amend the rules
and regulations of the Italian Fest.
- The parade is limited to the first 50 entries; Cars and decorated float entries will be allowed first in the parade. PLEASE NOTE THESE ENTRIES will be allowed in the
- Each entry is limited to ONE (1) motor vehicle.
- All participants in the 2023 Italian Fest must abide by all rules, regulations, and decisions set forth by The Collinsville Chamber of Commerce and Italian Fest Committee.
- Floats will be judged on appropriateness to the theme, emotional appeal, originality, and
Float Prizes: 1st Place $200.00, 2nd Place $100.00, 3rd Place $50.00
- Decorated vehicles will be judged on appropriateness to the theme, emotional appeal, originality, and overall effect.
Decorated vehicle prize – 1st Place Recognition
- Candy may be handed out with walkers alongside your unit.
- No refunds for entry fees will be given for units ejected from the parade.
- The Parade will start at Hesperia and Main Street. It will go up Main Street to Seminary. It will turn left on Seminary and then left on Clay Street. The Parade will end at Clay and
Combs. The parade will not go through the Fest grounds.
- Parade lineup begins at 2:30 pm. You will receive a map and line up number in the mail.
- If your application is not accepted for the parade your entry fee will be returned to you.
- Once you or your organization is accepted into the 2023 parade there are no refunds of entry fees.
- The parade begins promptly at 4:00 pm September 16th, 2023.
- Once you are on the parade route keep your unit moving. Do not stop your unit during the parade unless you are instructed to do so by the parade committee, parade marshals or the Collinsville police.
- All drivers of motorized vehicles must be 21 years of age or older, must have a valid driver’s license, and must have, in their possession the day of the parade, proof of insurance
for the vehicle they are driving.
Pizza Eating Contest - NEW for 2023
Maximum Number of Contestants: 10
Required Age: 18+
Eating Contest Rules:
- Six minutes to eat as many pieces of cheese pizza as one can.
- A whole piece must be eaten before the next piece, this includes the crust.
- No stacking. Must eat one piece at a time.
- Any piece not finished by the allotted time shall not count. No half slices.
- Vomiting is an automatic DQ.
- If a contestant finishes they shall throw their hands in the air to signal they are done.
- In the event of a tie, we will have an eat off. (first to finish wins! food type TBD)
- Winner receives a t-shirt and picture with the championship belt. They will have their name and year engraved on the belt as well.
221 W Main St
Collinsville, IL 62234 US