In order to use TicketSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
Girls on the Run of the Greater Piedmont (“GOTRGP”) began offering programs in Iredell County in 2008. This scholarship program is named after Rhylee Fielding, who over 10 years ago, worked with Woodland Heights Elementary in Mooresville to launch the Girls on the Run program there. With a passion for fitness and female leadership, Rhylee dedicated her time to inspire her daughters and their peers to be joyful, healthy, and confident!
We were deeply saddened when, after many years of fighting cancer, Rhylee lost her battle in 2017. In her honor, GOTRGP has created this annual memorial scholarship to be awarded to college bound GOTRGP alumni who have followed in Rhylee's footsteps to serve as a role model in our community.
In 2022, our 4th annual scholarship, will be awarded to two scholarships in the amount of $2,000 each.
Application deadline is April 1, 2022.
Recipients be notified the week of May 2, 2022 and will be invited to our Girls on the Run 5K on May 15, 2022.
Click HERE to see each year's recipient of the Rhylee Fielding Memorial Scholarship!
1. GOTRGP will administer this scholarship by utilizing a Scholarship Committee, which will consist of at least two members of the Board of Directors and/or Advisory Council and one member of the Fielding family. Any member of the GOTRGP Board of Directors who has a relative apply for the scholarship shall not be able to be on the Scholarship Committee during that application year.
2. The scholarship will be awarded to two recipients in 2022 for the amount of $2,000 and shall be payable to the recipient. The $2,000 scholarship will be a one-time payment.
3. Only girls who formerly participated in at least one full season of Girls on the Run or Girls on the Track (Heart & Sole) program in Iredell or Rowan Counties will be eligible for the scholarship.
4. Scholarship recipients must enroll as a full-time college student in the fall semester following the award of the GOTRGP scholarship.
5. The recipient of the scholarship must:
a. Have a minimum GPA of 3.0 (weighted);
b. Exhibit the ideals from the Girls on the Run Vision and Values of being joyful, optimistic, grateful, and nurturing of one’s health;
c. Respond to the short-answer questions in this application;
d. Submit two letters of character reference (one from a teacher and one from another person of one’s choosing such as a coach, advisor, or employer). The reference letters should focus on how you exhibit the traits described in item 5(b) above;
e. Submit a current high school transcript.
6. The Scholarship Committee reserves the right to interview all candidates or only the top finalists, at the Committee’s discretion.
7. The Scholarship recipient(s) will be notified of selection by the GOTRGP Scholarship Committee and will be recognized during the student’s school awards program or as their school administration deems appropriate and the Girls on the Run spring 5K event.
8. Decisions of the GOTRGP Scholarship Committee are final.
If you have any questions about this application, click the button below.
Girls on the Run of the Greater Piedmont
PO Box 5063
Mooresville, NC 28117 US
Thank you! Your message was posted to Facebook.